"Nought may endure but Mutability." -Percy Bysshe Shelley

"Nought may endure but Mutability." -Percy Bysshe Shelley

Monday, December 26, 2011

NOTHING TASTES GOOD LUKEWARM

For those of you who know me, I love my coffee hot and my iced tea cold.  There is nothing worse than a tepid beverage when you want it in its prime condition.  Now that Christmas is over, my lukewarmness about a lot of things needs to change.

I am definitely finding that working continues to interfere with my personal life. housekeeping habits, eating/exercise endeavors and other vital areas to being healthy, organized and in control.  What I've come to realize is that I need to get over it because I have to work and I am certainly not in a position to hire someone to organize my life, clean my house, cook my food and other such luxuries.  Besides, there is something gratifying (YES, GRATIFYING) about doing those things for oneself and the sense of satisfaction it brings.

There is a new Planet Fitness opening about a 2 minute drive from my home.  This is very good news because I have been floundering around regarding running,  sort of making it out here and there, maybe...if there's time and the stars are aligned and the weather is right.  It's not that I don't WANT to do it, it is that there always seems to be a host of urgent matters in line in front of it.  By joining the new gym, I have put to rest the problem of being inconsistent, lukewarm about exercise.  My greatest challenge is that once I get home, it is difficult to "escape" again because the kids need my attention, or household tasks that have piled up distract me.

My plan is on Tuesdays and Thursdays (as set, It-Must-Happen days) to go right to the gym and run before even going home.  I will then either add an additional day at the gym or try to get out in the fresh air 1-2 days, for a total of 3-4 days a week of exercise).  This is new for me and I am hoping it reinvigorates my zeal for running, which I  had developed over the summer.  I am planning on running the Ovarian Cancer 5K again in September 2012, then running the bridge, a 10K that takes place in November.  With continued lukewarm action, these goals are worthless because I will not be ready to do it.

On to food.  I am certainly guilty of lukewarm behaviors here.  I tend to eat like a crazed ape, then penitently eat properly for a couple of days, or a week, before a social occasion or bad day lure me back into my carboholic ways.   Clearly, Christmas hasn't exactly been a help in that area.  I've fed not only my soul, but my body with all of the richest of things.  :-)  Tis' no longer the season so it is time to get a grip and start fueling a machine!

And cleaning, organizing, etc.  They are also on my list of lukewarm ventures.  My notorious inconsistence is something I am truly eager to end once and for all.  I can read all the Better Homes and Gardens issues I like, but reading, magic and wishing do not make one's home a place of order and cleanliness.  I sense more purging will be needed, along with battling my case of Dropsy to the death.

So here I am, on the brink of a New Year, a true "season of change" in which I can become "HOT" and pursue things with fervor until I accomplish them.  I am starting now, because waiting until 1/1/12 is really just another way of being lukewarm.

Best wishes for a New Year filled with obtainable goals that you find yourself hotly pursuing.  I know I am excited and hopeful about all the great things ahead of me in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment