"Nought may endure but Mutability." -Percy Bysshe Shelley

"Nought may endure but Mutability." -Percy Bysshe Shelley

Saturday, August 20, 2011

SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL



I've noticed a few things lately, namely less shake, rattle and roll.  I mean the shaking of flab, the rattling of my old bones cracking and creaking every time I move or get up.  And the rolls...oh the rolls - they are slowing shrinking...slowly.

Yeah, that was me, nonchalantly feeling my own butt cheek last week when I was doing my cool down walk in week 8 of C25K.  Why you ask?  Because I noticed as I was walking that it (my junk in the trunk) didn't seem to be shaking and wobbling with the same gelatinous fervor as before.  It was the first time I'd realized this since having my son.  I felt a little firm and toned even.  Now I wouldn't say you could bounce a quarter off of any part of my body just yet, but my calves and quads have also definitely gained some firmness.  My rolls are melting gradually, sort of like a great glacier of flab that erodes over time.  I just hope it doesn't take a million years.

My new idea, still in the conceptual phase, is to do some form of arm and ab work on my non-running days.  This is a fancy way of saying that I just didn't start yet, for no reason other than I am dreading and avoiding it.  However, just like with running, it is something I may find pleasantly useful and productive once I begin.  I am not a gym person, nor will I ever be, so I intend to milk the most out of my Comcast fees and use the Exercise TV Yoga, etc. I located on there some months ago.

It is surreal to see physical change begin to mirror the changes you experience on the inside.  I feel better and more confident, and I am, albeit slowly, beginning to look different too.  Now if I could just tame my inner carboholic, I would really be in business.

Stay sweaty my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment